Wednesday, November 23, 2011

~Thanksgiving Thoughts~

As we are approaching this Thanksgiving season, I couldn’t help but write a list of all the many blessings which have been bestowed upon me.
  1. I am thankful that God sent his only Son to die for my sins. He gave His life; He called me to Himself; He gave His all, yet in return He got filthy rags.
  2. I am thankful to be a Christian; one that wants holiness; that wants to live for God, to make Him the center of my life and to know more of Him.
  3. I am thankful for a Christian heritage. One that has been passed down, yet must not be taken for granted.
  4. I am thankful that I have been raised in a godly home. A home that is built on Jesus Christ first and foremost, and then on family.
  5. I am thankful for my wonderful parents. Parents who love God, love each other, and love their children.
  6. I am thankful for wonderful siblings. Although, they can get a trifle annoying at times, they make us better people. It is hard to imagine life without them.
  7. I am thankful to be an American. Even though I don’t agree with everything our leaders have done or are doing, I am thankful that I was privileged to be born an American. A country that has freedoms more than any other country, one in which we, as a people have a say in her politics. A country in which every man has the right to worship God in his own way.
  8. I am thankful for a warm house and home in which to live.
  9. I am thankful for a great dog named Diesel.
  10. (I know this might sound silly, but as a 3rd culture kid, it is sort-of ingrained in me.) I am thankful for all the clothes, shoes, etc. that I have. And yet even though I don’t have three closets full, I have more than most kids around the world would have.
  11. I am thankful to be living in a modern technological age, with all its positives and negatives.
  12.  I am thankful for a certain doctor named Dr. Crawford. I was thinking the other day, “What if someone had discouraged Dr. Crawford from becoming a doctor.” Talk about the how powerful words are. “If someone had said, ‘Be something else…you’ll never make it in the medical field.’ And if he had taken that to heart, then I wouldn’t have a straight back, and many other kids wouldn’t have been helped, and a few wouldn’t even be alive!” 
  13. I am thankful for how God answers prayer. Many times it doesn’t happen when we want it…we may think that He is too late or too early…but He always answers prayer…and it is EXACTLY ON TIME!!! 
  14. (Kind-of going along with #13) I am thankful that God has EVERYTHING under control. He knows the plan…He sees the big picture. I was thinking back the other day to around my surgery time…(It seems that everything sort-of connects around that now…sorry.) I was thinking how God worked everything out exactly on time. He had the insurance come through on time. (Although then I was tempted to think that it would be too late.) He had every doctor, nurse, physical therapist… you name it… ‘there for such a time as this’. Through this experience I think that I have learned ‘faith’ at a whole new level. Learning to trust, when you couldn’t see what He was doing…yet knowing that He had EVERYTHING under control…(and yes…it is a lot easier to say that now, looking back, than it was going through it!!! ;)  
  15. I am thankful for a good holiness church to attend.
  16. I am thankful for good holiness pastors; Pastors who aren’t afraid to preach the truth; Pastors that won’t change their message to match the congregation. I am thankful for Pastors that practice what they preach.
  17. I am thankful for the Bible, God’s holy word. (Someone has said that it is God’s love letter to us.) I am thankful for the Bible, where we can gather our “bread” for the day.
  18.  I am thankful for God’s many blessings; Blessings that He bestows on us each and every day. I am thankful that God doesn’t change. People may change, and likely they will, but God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. He is OUR God!!!!
    So why not thank Him?!

      N.H 

8 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Natasha, This was excellent and I enjoyed reading it while I took a few moments from my Thanksgiving preparations to get little Mary to sleep. =) [I thought it was your Mommy, until I read the part about siblings...and I KNEW it couldn't be your Mother talking badly about U. Lincoln, U. Andrew, and I. =)]

Very good list!
Love and miss y'all and we are praying for your dinner tomorrow!

~A. Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

Natasha, this was VERY good!!! I am also very thankful for all the blessings I have. God is SO VERY good!!! -kimberly

The Dickinsons said...

Beautiful post, Natasha. Thanks for sharing about your blessings with us. We also are so blessed.
Love and miss you all,
U. Phillip

Vonnie said...

Hey there niece, That was very good! I was sure it was your mom and I was feeling really bad about all the times I gave her a hard time when she was practicing the piano!! Enjoyed being w/ y'all a couple weeks ago - too short though!

U.Andrew

Vonnie said...

Hey there niece,

Great post, I thought it was your mom and I was feeling bad about how I treated my lil'sis'! But then I saw it was you. I thoroughly enjoyed being w/ y'all a couple weeks ago! Wish we didn't live so far apart. Your dad and Bryan will have to come up and hunt sometime.

Beth said...

Amen, Natasha! Thank the Lord for HIS goodness!

mmsbryan said...

Good evening Natasha, for some reason my days were too full and I just got caught up on your post. I kept reading wondering who was writing and my guess was your Daddy until I got to the surgery part. God has been good to you and to us as a family as we hurt with you through this whole time. Your music was lovely today, thank you for sharing with our congregation. It was nice to enjoy our Thanksgiving menu with your family today. Darla and Brittany did a spectacular job on their violins. I enjoyed your comments from funny Uncle Andrew. He was such a good big brother, as was Lincoln that both girls wished they were not their brothers so that they could marry them someday. :-) Love, Gram

Rob and Deanna said...

Great post, Natasha! So much to be thankful for!! Does this Mom's heart good to "see" another Mommy's "girl" having a Thankful, Christ-like spirit.:-)