Thursday, December 15, 2011

Merry Christmas from our Haus to yours!

 This will be a long post... but this is for my Moma and My sister, Heather... those of you who aren't Heather, or Moma, you can skip all of this and just know that we want you to have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! What's a Brother supposed to do with sooooo many sisters! :)
 And this is the before....( I totally LOVE the before pics that no one usually sees... for that's what makes the memory to me... so pardon me as I indulge myself to a few laughs below!!!)
 a family shot....
 This is a tad blurry, but some man offered to take a pic of all of us, my niece too.... so we kept it, out of focus and all!
 The girls were SO excited to find a REAL-LIVE PHONE BOOTH.... I don't think Bryan had a clue what the big hub-bub was about! :)
 When it's Christmas around our Haus... that usually means repairs... our basement door being installed BY my 2 FAVORITE MEN! =)
 Puzzles must be put together!....
 What is Christmas without Cookies?....
 And MORE cookies....
 Running here and there... (thanks Kate I LOVE THIS SHOT!!!)
 Christmas Russian Memories
 Pulling out teeth....
 Another fun Winter evening out on the town!
 Free Victorian Village and Free Hot Chocolate and cookies... a Hausman tradition!
 Sweet Victorian ladies I found to take a pic of...
 Sweet kids sporting their balloon gifts too
 Sewing... before you can have a "After pic... there's always the BEFORE!
 More cookies... Gingerbread BOYS
 Gingerbread GIRLS
 Two hoodlums!

 Thank the Lord for FREE Greenery for it sure makes Christmas FUN! AND REAL!(and brings that LUSCIOUS smell for those of us that have a "fake" tree! =)

 More repairs... bless his heart, He's wonderful!!!!!
 Here's the AFTER!!! Our Brittany got inspired by a few DIY blogs and thanks to "Grandma" Jowers' leftover fabrics and a "trim" off some other fabric she came up with this FUN pillow!
 Up close - ruffle!
 Jesus totally helped with this fun arrangement! (Antique window is WELL hidden under the wreath that I made!=)

 THE REASON WE CELEBRATE------ JESUS!

 My Christmas present from Brittany... these candles for my sconce!
 Another FUN pillow that Brittany hand stenciled! GOOD JOB! makes a Momma's heart so pleased!
 Then there must be boys... he's NEEDING SNOW, don't you think?! (He's "snow boarding" here!) Excuse the shop vac...some people have NO imagination!!!
 Got to keep the twins... man can they EVER eat... fast as we could shovel it in.... and it took TWO of us! =)  Thanks for letting us keep them, Dee... made our night!
 We got to have company!!! Yea!  A favorite past time of ours... but people don't like to drive to the City much these days!  So we take advantage of the GBS Christmas program every time we can!=)

 This china cabinet was a special gift to us from friends in IN... thanks ever so much, Slaughters!  WE LOVE IT!
 Got to see my Grandma Bryan again!  Bless her heart!  Keep her in your prayers, she told me she is so tired! I would be too at 104 1/2 years old!
Daryl praying a prayer of Blessing over Grandma as we never know when it will be our last time to see her here on earth!  Thanks for taking the time (I know this post was LONG) to stop by and we pray you'll have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, all because of Calvary!
The Hausman Family

7 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Oh, Wow! This post had me smiling, laughing, and then at the end CRYING!!!
LOVE that first pic of the sisters kissing Bryan and his raised eyebrow! Too cute!
VERY FUN family Christmas picture of y'all! (And enjoyed the fuzzy one of y'all and Katie too!)
Nice "call" on taking a picture with the CUTE phone booth! =)
The parade and the time with Katie sounds SO FUN!
Brittany's pillows turned out A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!! LOVED THEM!
LOVE Brittany and Natasha's hats too!
What a dear man you have to work so hard on his Christmas break. =)
SO HAPPY with your new China cabinet!!! How sweet of the Slaughters!
All of your greenery decor and especially your window looked so fun and festive. You have a TALENT decorating with greenery!!
Your food and house looked so FUN and I know you had a great evening with your company!
Like I said, I had to CRY when I saw the pics of y'all with sweet Grandma...especially the one of y'all praying with her.
What a sweet post...and I'd better quit...since I've left a comment so long that no one else has room to leave one. =D
Please pardon the "book" but LOVED all of these pics, THANKS for posting them! =)
~Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

I loved looking at this post. AND LOVE THAT PICTURE AT THE TOP. I am sure Tasha and Brittany were happy that they got to kiss Bryan...It is hard for me to get a kiss out of Elijah. =)Your Christmas pic looks so fun and Christmas-y. So glad that Katie got to take your pictures and go with you guys. (Natasha and Brittany, I like your guy's boots) I love the puzzle...It reminded me of when Kelsey and I both wanted to put the last piece in the puzzle last year...so we put pieces in our pockets. =) The cookies look delish. Bryan's tooth made me UNCOMFORTABLE!!! The hats look fun and cute on you guys! The pillows are so cute, and your decorations are so pretty and Christmas-y. I LOVE the pic of the twins...I can just hear Brittany laughing at them and how cute they are. The food looks DELISH!!! I am so glad you got a china cabinet!!!! So glad that you guys got to go to Gram's and see Grandma Bryan. Love you guys tons and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (It looks like you guys are having one already) kimberly

Rob and Deanna said...

Enjoyed your cute pictures! Glad that we were part of the FOOD party ;-) YUMMY Where was the victorian village? Love it!

The Dickinsons said...

What a lovely holiness family you are! LOVED the pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post for us to get to "have a part" in your fun times. I don't know how you all get so much done in life.
We love you all,
Phillip

mmsbryan said...

Saturday December 17, 2011
I was thinking this morning as I read your request for my “favorite things” that only the Wonderful Story of Christmas and the Love that, that Story shares could have the strength to make a busy world stop, year after year and prepare such a celebration! Even those that don’t know the real meaning or just do not believe nor care are celebrating!
I just want you to know that those little children at your feet and your side will always give color to your life and Christmas’. “Still” among the favorites that color my life is Andrew, Lincoln, Laura and Heather . . . those four have now turned into so many more to love!
This morning as I reflect on some of my favorite things my mind went to North Pole to the Andrew Bryans. I tried to guess what they were doing now that the girls are home from college and all eight of them together again. I could see the whites of snow!
Then down in Virginia is another part of my heart where the Lincoln Bryans are enjoying a vacation from the classroom, but today they most likely are working on some part of helping Dad with his ministry to the church youth. I could see greens of southern cedars!
Closer (I felt I could see a little clearer) is Laura and her Cincy Haus on Bodman. I think she said today they were baking and preparing Christmas treats for their neighbors. Via her blog I saw that Victorian Haus and her decorative touches to home heralding that glorious message from the mantle to the cookie clad dining table with sugars of reds and greens on one end and a sewing machine on the other! I saw golds of a shinning star lighting up a neighbor-hood that is steeped in darkness!
Further away in Argentina, yet close at heart is Heather and as I viewed her Christmas decor I saw my own little girl now a grown wife and Mommy using what was at hand to make a mission home say, “Merry Christmas.” Via her blog I felt like I was there, yet somehow as I saw her little helpers, in my mind it was she that was at my feet, helping me make a Tennessee Christmas! I saw the warmth of the color blue as they have left home and family to tell other nations that Jesus Saves!
But most special to me is the man, the father of these four, Edgar A. Bryan whose proposal on that 1961 Eve to spend Christmas for life with him! He has set my life a glow with all the colors the specter could give! Merry Christmas and I love you, Moma

Gayle said...

Great pictures!! Your have a beautiful family!! Love ya all! Can'wait for our Russian Christmas dinner!

Pamela said...

You and Heather remind me so much of your own Momma! Loved seeing the pillows Brittany made. RB will like the stenciled one. He's sleeping in his chair after a busy day that included the dentist so I'll have to show him later!

Blessings,
Pamela