Monday, September 10, 2012

Breakfast Take Along Cookie!

Breakfast Cookie!







I found this recipe in my Hobe Sound Cook Book that was a gift to me and have kept thinking... "I ought to try that"... so this past week was the time, I decided!  Since I was short on ingredients AND  I wasn't too sure how my clan would take them them, I only made a 1/2 batch which yielded about 12  -3"cookies!  Coupled with fresh fruit it was a complete breakfast even if we weren't on the run that a.m.  Hope your families enjoy as much as we did!  Made some happy kids in this School Haus, that's for sure!
 Enjoy~ Laura




Breakfast Take-along Cookie

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup maple syrup (or sugar)
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ cup oatmeal, I used old fashioned oats
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup  All Bran, wheat germ or chopped nuts
6 slices of crisply fried bacon, chopped

Preheat Oven 350o.  Beat butter, syrup, egg and vanilla until well blended.  Combine dry all ingredients and mix well.  Add to egg mixtures.  Fold in cheese, wheat germ and crumbled bacon. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased baking sheet.  Bake 12-15 min.  Cool and serve with a cup of fresh fruit!  Sure to make all your Home-Schoolers tummies happy! =)

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Laura, these look yummy. I think I remember seeing those in my Hobe Sound cookbook, but, since I sent it back some time ago, I'm happy you posted this recipe. I'll have to try them.

The fruit looks yummy too!

I'm a little "jealous" of the company you get to have at your house tonight! =)
I'm missing him already! =(
~Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

Sounds delicious! Just like the rest of the food was at y'alls house.
Miss you all,
Phillip