Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Field Trip- Mr John Chapman Better known as....





 When Life gets full.... too full, It's fun to slow down a tad and smell the roses..... Uh.... make that Apples this time, for it's Fall!




 The 1st Field trip for this School Haus was a success.  We are SOOOOOOO blessed to be a part of a church that has a rather large home school group.  Unusual really, for most of our kids are home schooled so instead of it being ODD we are the majority!  I love it! =) Because our group was SO large this time, we had to divide into two groups.  This made my heart sad, though I understood the reasoning, for I couldn't get pics of all of my kids...
 It was fun that other Mom's got to join us for this time too, and even Mom's of Pre-schoolers too which is great for everyone!


 Here we are all getting a chance to TASTE apples... this tasting was my favorite part of the whole day!  Here we are comparing 3 different types of apples and they got to rate them according to their preference.  Interesting results...


 This pic was taken AFTER the one at the top when one Mom had the idea of entertaining the 1st row of kids by letting them throw leaves at the back row of kids.  It was great fun to see the reaction on my boy's face! =)




 This man was neat. He told us he was a daddy to six kids himself.  He totally had his act together with the young and old alike!  He was so good and understanding, but wasn't afraid to give the wiggly kids a "job" that made them feel important!  When really he was asking them to calm down without yelling at them. It was great! I love people like that.

                           Fun surprise to have "Aunt Beth" and her home school kids join us too!

 Here he was showing the kids how to make homemade applesauce! complete with an over the fire kettle... He told the kids that all they needed to do was learn 1 new thing each day.  Wow!  That was great encouragement to this sometimes overwhelmed Home-School-Momma's-heart! Then he Even let them try it...  this is the way I make homemade applesauce and Apple Butter...
 each one had a turn
 Lil Sophia's turn MAN SHE MAKES ME MISS SWEET LIL MARY!!!!!
 Josh made us smile for he was "hamming it up big time" here!
 I missed Bryan's time so he posed for this picture while everyone else was moving to the Log Home.

 They took our group into the Log Home (Do you know the ONLY difference between an log home and a log cabin? one has a wood floor and one has dirt for the floor!=) Hmmmmm what about DIRT ALL OVER YOUR WOOD FLOOR?!  Wonder how that fits in?!  =)

 Here he is showing us a heater.  Neatest thing... wish I could find one for my Haus!  If you happen to find one for CHEAP at a junk store, call me!
 This pic above caught my son's eye.... for some reason, Uncle Andrew!
 Back of Brittany's head... like the only pic I got of her all day!=(
 One of the highlights of the day was getting to meet Mr. Rick Sowash! He is a children's Author from here in OH that has studied OH history and makes it SOOOOOO much fun for kids.  He had ALL of our attention and NOW!
 Here he is as none other than the famous Ohioan, MR. JOHNNY APPLESEED!!! Loved it!

 This is about the only sane pic that I was able to get of Darla... giggles on her face make me SMILE! As she often does... our bubbly Miss Sunshine!

 The neat thing about Home Schooling is kids of ALL ages can come... here's Clayton's Brand new lil nephew that joined us too!
 This lady taught us about the Apple Tree and what it does through all the seasons.  Here is Winter, the tree's sleepy stage. The kids got to put blossoms on for Spring...

 Here is Mr Bee visiting the blossoms so that when Fall comes the apples will grow right.
 adding leaves.... Summer
                                      and finally adding the apples to represent the complete cycle!
Waiting patiently for a TASTE of apple cider!

Play Ground time!
 
The older girls, Brittany's and Darla's friends from the older group!

 Making their own cider... the boys LOVED THIS PART for they got to show off their muscles!
 I love the INTENSE look here...


It was a fun day and I learned MORE THAN ONE THING that day... so I should be good for a while! =) Happy Fall, Ya'll!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Love all the pictures. I'm so glad that we got to come be with you all!! We had so much fun.:-)

The Dickinsons said...

What a fun post! Looks fun and yummy to eat the apples and taste the cider. =) You can imagine my SHOCK when I saw what looked like Beth in one of your pictures. I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see her name, so said to Phillip,"Man, THAT LOOKS LIKE BETH!!!" He had already read your post, so I asked, "IS IT BETH?" To which I then scrolled down and saw her name. SO GLAD she and Michele could join y'all. I know they and their kids enjoyed the fun day.
Thanks for posting these fun pics. Sounds like a very fun field trip.
Happy Fall to y'all too!
Love and miss y'all BUNCHES!!!
~Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you for posting all of these fun pics. I especially enjoyed seeing the pics of when my Daddy was there. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You are so welcome. I am glad I could help Natasha. You guys are great! Love, kimberly

The Dickinsons said...

I enjoyed reading about your fun time. And I enjoyed seeing pictures of everyone too. How neat that Beth and her children came. Thanks for taking the time to post this!
Phillip

mmsbryan said...

What a treat to see "Aunt Beth" on a school trip. Doesn't Sophia look like baby Mary? Sounds so fun and instructive as well. Loved seeing all our kids, even if it was only the back of Brittany's head! :-) Love, Moma