Monday, July 15, 2013

Before and Happily Ever-After!







 Hope your day was as special as ours. To see more fun pics go here! Jesus knows just what we need... even when we are sure we think we have the best of plans all made out... You see we had planned for over a year to go camping with the Dickinsons over the 4th of July.  Little could we have known ALL that would be on each of our plates when that time came around.  Nor could we have known what the weather in Cinci was gonna do.... we got plastered with rain... like as in... we were close to thinking we might need another ark.  But we came to realize that Jesus helps those who can't help themselves... and HE SENT THE RAIN... so that we could still be together in our houses, but get LOTS and LOTS of work done too and He even allowed us to have a level of sanity too!=)
I've included a few "Before and After" pics to brag on my dear man.... =) Here's a BEFORE shot for ya...
Our First Date!!!! 50's Banquet!!

 And now on our way to Happily-Ever-After!!!!
23 years later and STILL VERY MUCH IN LOVE!!!



  

 How I love this dear man that Jesus gave me over 23 years ago!  Didn't have time to post a post like I wanted too back in June... so here's a catch up one braggin on this Wonderful Man! He never ceases to amaze me.  Seriously, I'm sooooo blessed!  Thanks be to Jesus for the wisdom He grants this man of how best to lead our home.  Being submissive the devil would have we ladies think is the hardest thing ever.  While it's not always easy (but then again since when is ANYTHING worth while easy!!!) it is SOOOOOO rewarding!  The Lord blesses and blesses and the rewards are out of this world!  I'm so grateful for his wisdom with raising our kids too.  Can't tell you how many times I've nearly had my mouth drop wide open for the ways in which God has lead him to direct or confront or train our kids!  WOW.... one hunk of a man all b/c of Jesus!!!  I love you so much Sweets, and I'd say YES all over again... even LOUDER THIS TIME around!  God is sooooo good and truly that song is true... "Only God Could Love You More Than I Do!"  Here's a few projects he's been workin on makin me SOOOOOO happy!

 Here are a few more projects that have been getting some attention around this Haus!  Yea!!!


Daddy (U. Daryl) with some extra helpers!
A dishwasher 1st time in over 5 yrs!!!!
I'm feelin VERY spoiled!!!
Before lighting... but that sure beat the flashlight stage! =)




Lowe's Clearanced for only $8!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!



 These next few pics.... are takin over the last 4-5 years.... but God has been good each stage of the way.  And we were extremely grateful for each new stage!

Bathroom








Toilet installed... that beat the decent of 40 stairs to our basement bathroom! =)






Author of Invention... =) This stage made us laugh!




Drum roll please.....

Finished!!! Praise the Lord!
Finished!!!! Yea!  Happy Anniversary to me for prob several years... for dumb me had NO IDEA what I was askin for... he (and the Lord) were nice enough to help make it all happen!  I smile EVERY TIME I just walk into our bathroom!
This before and after stage makes me think of my walk with Jesus... So while I'm thanking Jesus for the many projects that we got done... BUT MOST OF ALL for the BEFORE AFTER stage of my life... AFTER JESUS COMES INTO YOUR LIFE... you never want to know anything about the "Before"... cause things are different, better, brighter, all b/c of Jesus!  PtLord!



Blessings to you and yours!
~Laura

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

How special to see all your bathroom pictures and read of your anniversary! Love, Moma

The Dickinsons said...

We're so glad that God brought you both together.
We love you all,
Phillip

The Dickinsons said...

Laura, I just happened to see this post. Sorry, been RUNNING too fast.

LOVED this post. Happy Anniversary again! CUTE pictures of you and Daryl. LOVE that first one. Phillip said that Brittany looks a lot like Daryl in that picture.

So GLAD God brought y'all together. We LOVE being y'all's family AND your neighbors. =D

LOVE all the pics of your house. It's beautiful now!! So many fun things. SO HAPPY for your new light fixture, your dishwasher, and your ADORABLE bathroom. =)

Love ya,
~Heather~

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog.

It is absolutely lovely.

Blessings!

Sue