Sunday, November 09, 2008


On a Sunday afternoon, while we were still "camping out" at our place of lodging it got very windy. The air was warm and getting pretty bad windy. I hadn't heard that they were calling for 30 MPH winds, but this reminded me of Hurricane time in FL. The air was very warm and getting worse all the time. I knew the winds had to be pretty strong. My guess was 50-60! Later I found out that the wind gusts were up to 86 MPH. Not quite like FL but bad enough. Large trees were falling on the camp ground we were staying at and lots of power was gone. Well, come to find out, a tree also fell on our house and caused some damage.

I'm reminded of a gospel song that has meant a lot to me over the last couple of years! "God sees the storm from the other side. He knows the lessons learned and just beyond the clouds He sees clear skies." He speaks peace to the raging storm, when peace could not be found. He already sees the rainbow, when we see only clouds." (sung by the Collingsworths)

1 comment:

Janet said...

We are so glad to see you blog again!
We will be watching your blog for updates!

-Your Colorado friends
Rowen and Janet Albertson Family
http://johnstownalbertsons.blogspot.com