Sunday, February 27, 2011

The gospel song says "I want to be just like You, cause he wants to be like me."
These are powerful words that challenge me to be more like Christ! There are little eyes watching, little ears listening, and little feet following the path I take! May God help me to be just like Jesus, cause he (our little boys) wants to be just like daddy! We have a great responsibility dads. What message(s) are we teaching/preaching to our kids?
We've been enjoying our time on the slopes and if we get anymore cold weather or snow, it's because I've been wanting it, even asking God to give us some cold weather and snow. :) So now you know who to blame! Please pray for a couple more weeks of COLD weather and lots of SNOW! :)
Whenever I would play ball as a kid, my mother would tell me to stop sticking my tongue out; someday I'd bite it off. Of course the action was totally subconscious; therefore, I wasn't making a choice to do this. After looking at the picture below and zooming in - what do you know? My son is doing the same thing. I couldn't help but laugh! Mom, there's no hope! :)

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Very good, Daryl! May we walk ever sooooo carefully...for our children are following in our footsteps!

The Dickinsons said...

Daryl, I'm so glad that you are taking time out to be with Bryan. This as you know is so important.
Phillip