Saturday, September 17, 2011

Harvest time at our Haus!

It's that time of year!  Delicious Sweet Corn!

 Everyone has their job and that makes is lots more fun! Brittany helped me cut it off the cob.  (Yes, Natasha did help too, but I forgot to get a pic!)
 Daryl and the two "Hoodlums" helped with the shucking!
 Washing...
 Blanching.... And putting into freezer containers, which again I didn't get a pic of... oh well!  We sure enjoy that yummy sweet stuff come cold winter days!
My Daddy brought me some of his garden tomatoes that needed to be used up NOW!  So I got 2 pints of Tomato sauce with Green chilies to use for winter soups! Yum!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Praise the Lord for His giving you lots of yummy sweet corn. I know it is A LOT of work, but like you said, Come winter, you'll be THANKFUL y'all did it. =) (And we'll be over to enjoy some too. ;) I wish! =)
Surely enjoyed seeing this post!
Love and miss y'all!
~Heather~

Daryl Hausman said...

Mom H said, 'You sure did a lot of corn, and that will taste good this winter!

The Dickinsons said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of corn, and a lot of work...but when you pull that "deliciousness" out of the freezer...you'll be GLAD you went through all of that work. YUMMMMMMM! (Save a container for us...for when we are home. ;)

How our hearts MISS y'all and LOVE y'all tons!!! Your sweet comments this morning brought tears to my eyes!! Please consider yourselves hugged! Let's make it our goal to make it to Heaven...where there will be NO MORE GOODBYES!!
Hugs
~Heather~

Daryl Hausman said...

Amen! Heather, by God's Grace and Mercy we plan to MAKE IT! luv ya!

Leah said...

Laura, one of my very favorite things about being back in Indiana! I love opening the freezer door and seeing corn and carrots and green peppers and green beans! And looking on the shelf at the cans of pickels and salsa! Yummy!!