Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sixth Month Check-up!
I recently went for my sixth month check-up since my spinal surgery. It is hard to believe that it has already been sixth months since my surgery.
Here is a few excerpts from an email to my family following the check-up:
(Please excuse any grammar, or illogical sentences that may appear!)
Dear Family,
I thought you might like to hear how my 6 mo. check-up went with Dr. Crawford. It is hard to believe that 6 months have already passed since my spinal surgery!... Dr. Crawford came in, and said that the bone fusion looks good, and it is coming along well. It won't be totally fused for a year, but he said that it is progressing nicely! PTL! He also said that my neck looks very well, in place and normal, not jutted out like it was. So I was relieved about that too! So overall, I am allowed to do basically anything I want to do, except American football, he said. Bummer...there went my life-long dream! Other than that, I am allowed to start driving, and ice-skating, sledding (since winter is on its way) etc. there shouldn't be a problem. He said that I have the best protected back out of anybody out there! I don't have many limitations, other than the already mentioned football (or a sport where anyone would tackle me) and lifting no more than 25 lbs. So Praise the Lord for the wonderful report! It is a great load of my mind...(for I tend to worry a lot!) I go back in 6 months. after my 1 yr. anniversary!
Thank you all for your continued prayers!
Love,
Natasha H~

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

HOW WE PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS HELP TO YOU!!! What a G-R-E-A-T report! Thank you for sharing!!! =)

Lots of love,
~A. Heather and family~

sherryldickinson said...

I can hardly believe it's been 6 months since your 'scary' surgery. It made me happy to read this report that you are doing well and that your body is mending. I am grateful that this situation is now a history report, instead of a future event.
Sincerly,
Grandma Dickinson