Thursday, June 21, 2012


 Happy Birthday~
For Mommy's Birthday we decided to give her the same treatment she has given us over the years and make her a "birthday supper meal." (It was actually Daddy's idea, and we put it into motion! =)


We decided to do a simple meal and per Mommy's request...try a new recipe: chicken burrito's (and I added a few embellishments just for fun). 
And Brittany made Oreo ice cream for dessert!




Chicken Burrito's~

1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 can tomatoes and green chile's
1 t. ground cumin
1 c. salsa
1 t. salt 
1 can of corn, optional

soft tortilla's 

1) In a crockpot, layer beans, chicken breasts, garlic, tomatoes/green chiles, cumin, salsa, salt.
2)Cover; cook on high for 5-6 hours.
3)When chicken is done, remove from crockpot. Shred chicken, then return to crockpot and mix until moistened.
4)Place on warmed tortilla's; Serve w/ toppings of your choice.
  
-makes 15 tortilla's


*just a note: when I made mine, I didn't put in the cumin. The reason is that this "blond" thought that cumin was the same as curry. And b/c I do not like curry, I didn't put in the cumin thinking it had the same flavor as curry! =) Next time I'll be sure to add the cumin, and it'll make it even better! 

Hope you Enjoy!

NMH~

 


3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm really hungry for some oreo icecream... :)

The Dickinsons said...

Natasha, Loved seeing this FUN post! How fun that you and Brittany made your Mommy a nice birthday supper! I loved seeing all the pretty pictures of y'all's yummy food. The recipe looks and sounds yummy, I'll have to try it some time when I have all the ingredients.

We love and miss y'all bunches! I hope that your daddy and mommy have a wonderful anniversary too! =)

~A. Heather and family in Medellin.~

mmsbryan said...

What a neat post and a nice meal for Mommy. Just dropping a big hint that my "birthday week" is coming up soon. ;-) I have been enjoying hearing the progress that your new room is making as you move up to the garret. Looking forward to coming and seeing it, Darla's as well. I love you girls. Gram