Thursday, January 03, 2013

Fun with Burlap and Linen

 My sewing project for Christmas 2012!


When I saw this idea on Pinterest last year, I ate my heart out! They were just so adorable, and I knew they would 'fit' our house! So beginning to end it took me about 12 hours. I am sure it would take others much less than that, but I learn by trial and error it seems!:) I did not have a pattern when I started, so that took a while just to figure out what to sew to what and how to attach the linen correctly etc. :)

Darla's, Mommy's,
 I told Mommy that she had it pretty good, as I was sewing. She could just keep on working around the house, and she was getting adorable stockings at the same time! Don't you wish I lived in YOUR HOUSE!:)
Daddy's, Mine,


 The quilting on it took a little while, just trying to make the seems straight in all, but I was so happy how it turned out!



                                I couldn't resist putting a little lacy flower at the toe of my stocking!

Bryan's, Natasha's.
  This was my first attempt as can be seen by the pointed toe! lol I still thought it was cute though, so kept it for fun, and added the red stripes with a sharpie. I know, I know, I'm a professional! Not!


                             My favorites are Daddy's and Mommy's. Which is your favorite?

8 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my goodness - I love those stockings! I tell you what - you make me stockings and I will PAY you for them! :) Those are very, very cute!

The Dickinsons said...

L.O.V.E. them, Brittany! You did a great job! I love them all, but I think your Mommy's and Daddy's may be my favorites too. Love the flower on Darla's, the buttons on Bryan's, your flower, the lace on your and Natasha's...they all turned out really cute. And the red sharpie one is cute too...filled with greenery. Love y'all's mantel. Can't wait to get home and FIND US a mantel to decorate some day. =D

Love and miss y'all tons and we are COUNTING the days till we see y'all!
~Heather~

mmsbryan said...

First, yes Brittany I do wish that you lived at my house! But since that would make Daddy and Mommy sad if they did not have you, we will just keep it at second best! ;-) I loved the stockings and the mantel and the tree and all the other nice things that folks have sent your way and Mommy and you girls have put together so prettily. Glad Gramp and I could be with you for Christmas and see all first hand. We had a wonderful time. I Love you, Gram

The Dickinsons said...

Hey, Gram Jr., You did a great a job on those! I think A. Laura's was probably my fav. I really like the stripes on the extra stocking! (I am so into stripes; you should see my closet.=) love, kimberly

The Dickinsons said...

Great work, Brittany. Way to stick with the job until it's done. Heather and I could use you right now with all we are trying to get done here. My favorite is your Dad's. I also like the simplicity of the first one you did. They all match your table runner too.
U. Phillip

Anonymous said...

Dear Brittan,
Your stockings are great. Even greater is your desire and ability to make things with your hands. I don't know about the Hausmans but in the Scarbrough and Bryan genes there are creative abilities. Some "gentleman" is going to get a beautiful home someday because you will make it that way. It has always been so interesting to me that when God wanted to make the temple He chose certain men who had abilities in crafting. Love you all.....great to see you recently.

mmsbryan said...

Oh Brittany, later after I left my comment I realized that I forgot to tell you my favorite. Let’s see, I especially like Daddy’s because of the lovely quilted top. That took a real budding seamstress to attempt and then accomplish so well. I also like Bryan’s with the three little ginger bread men. How festive! But then I do like the cute little “burlap blossom” on Darla’s and the linen ruffle on Mommy’s, . . . did you ruffle that too! I have always loved the cotton crochet lace and the look of the olden days it brings that you chose for Natasha and yours, the lace rosette on the toe of yours is so cute. It make me think of a long ago memory that your Mommy and Sister Agan shared. So, really, they are all my favorites for together, they tell the story of a neat family. So I guess it comes to, that none of you can ever “leave” home. I guess that “Gentleman” that Aunt Linda referred to in her comment with have to look elsewhere.:-) Your loving Gram

sherryldickinson said...

Dear Brittany, I am impressed with the burlap Christmas stockings you sewed. They turned out to be such an ornate type of rustic. Smile. And yes, while I was reading your post, I did wish I had a girl to make some neat things like those for my home. But since I don't, it is fun to see what your mother and Aunt Heather makes, and to see what their girls come up with. I did learn something from your post-your picture showed me how to go about to do quilting. I was wondering how it was done, in order to make place mats for table settings. Maybe your next project could be place mats for your mother's table. Love, Aunt Sherry in Phoenix