Monday, October 16, 2006


WHAT A DAY! I wanted a chance to get to know some of the youth a little better and so I asked one of the young men of the church if he wanted to go to the Mountains! Little did I know what “going to the mountains” meant to these Romanian youth. Let’s put it this way! I am a little bit out of shape, had knee surgery this past summer, and I’m 37 ½ years old. The first 3 ½ miles were very tiring and the last 3 ½ miles were about the same! The 10-12 miles in between really weren’t that bad! That is no exaggeration at all! We hiked about 18 miles round trip! Needless to say, it was an ALL DAY EVENT!

Was it worth it? Absolutely? We had a good time of fellowship and wonderful time seeing God’s great handiwork. I have a few tired muscles but it was worth it. The song was sung several times along the way, “How Great thou Art.” Truly we serve a great God! It takes a lot of faith to believe that this world evolved and that we evolved over millions of years. Yes, I said faith! Evolution is not a science, it’s a faith, a belief system and it is totally contrary to the Bible. Our God not only created this world, but he also wants to have that beautiful, personal relationship with us. I was reminded again, as I saw a small bird fly up and perch on a tree, that God knows exactly where we are and if he is watching over the birds, then oh how much more is He watching over us!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blogs and seeing the pictures of everyone - helps you not to feels so far away from us here in South Florida!