Sunday, June 24, 2007


Happy Birthday Laura! Our week has been extremely busy working long days, spending time with the Youth (3 different evenings), and celebrating Laura's birthday as well as Natasha and Darla's Graduation, so this is a little belated.
Lenita and the team took us out to eat for Laura's birthday at a nice resturaunt here in Salonta. Sally Sebo was also able to come and enjoy the fun as well. Thanks TLC for the wonderful meal and your thoughtfulness to help make this special.
Happy belate Birthday Laura as well as Anniversary! You are very special to me and have been such a blessing to my life. You are the best cook and not too bad of a school teacher either, if this Principal can say so. You are definitely a 95% Proverbs 31 woman. That's an inside joke in case you think I'm being harsh! While we were in Russia, Laura was being a little down on herself and so I started looking at all of the list in Proverbs 31 and she came up with a passing grade with only one exception. Verse 16 says "she considereth a field and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard." We both agreed her strengths aren't in business assetts and she claims to kill plants, not grow them. :) So since then, we joke about being a 95% Prov. 31 woman. I am so grateful for the wonderful wife God has given to me and for all of her talents and Godly attributes. She's a great mother and wife and her only desire is to follow Christ! She loves being a wife and mother. I support her in her desires to be the Godly wife she wants to be and to help in raising our children for God. Our family is our number one Mission Field and may God help us to instill in them a desire to follow after God.

6 comments:

Vonnie said...

Very nice that you could celebrate Laura's birthday!! Happy Birthday Laura. Funny story about Prov. 31, I'm afraid to have Andrew grade ME from that chapter. :) Love, Vonnieprgqu

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I can not call you an old lady because I'm older than you. I just celebrated my big "40" this year and you know what, it is not so bad. It looks like you had a nice celebration together with the T.L.C. team. I heard you guys have had a few rough days. We are praying for all of you.

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Belated Birthday Laura, and Happy Anniversary to y'all too! I enjoyed reading Daryl's sweet comments to you, UNTIL I READ ABOUT YOU BEING A 95% Prov. woman...and I was ready to come and shoot him...then I read the explanation...and was ok! =) I posted an ann. blog for ya'll, but on the 23rd...for our internet company is giving us trouble, and I could not get on on the 22nd!
Love ya'll bunches, and praying for y'all and the team!

Love, Heather and family!

sankey family said...

Happy Birthday, Laura!

Melodie
in Salamanca

Leah said...

Happy Birthday to Laura and to Bryan!! If there is anyone who comes to mind when I think of a Proverbs 31 woman, it is Miss Laura!! I hope you have a great day or had I should say!!

Marty said...

Laura,

Hope you had a great time with the TLC team...I'm sure rest is on its way! Ha!

Love ya,
Marty