Thursday, June 07, 2007


Ok, I'm spoiled for life. I was spoiled before I ever came to the Mission field because of my wife's great cooking. And now that I've had the wonderful priviledge to enjoy the wonderful cooking and food in several different European countries, I'm really spoiled.
One of our friends in Ukraine keeps bees as a hobby. He was busy retrieving the honey and he let me "stage this photo". I actually did very little of removing the wax so the honey could come out, but now I'm spoiled for life. The natural honey, that hasn't been mass produced with who knows what in it, is the best. I guess it should be for God created it like that. Thanks Stephan for the wonderful Honey, it's DELICIOUS! I could eat it by the jar! It's no wonder "Pooh bear" loves it so much!
We truly are spoiled! Spoiled by God's goodness to us! There was a time before I became a Christian and even shortly after being a Christian, that I had no intentions of being involved in Ministry. There wasn't any money in it and I had my plans on what I wanted to do. The ironic thing was that I didn't want to be a Pastor, Christian School teacher or Missionary, simply because there wasn't any money in it. Those were the thoughts of a worldly Christian. Yes, a Christian may have worldly ideas for worldliness is any thought, idea, action, way of thinking that is contrary to God's word. But I praise God that through His working in my life He led me into all 3 of those situations, Assistant Pastor, Christian School Teacher & now Missionary. I love serving God and my only desire is to do what He has called us to do. Yes, living in a foreign country is extremely difficult at times and there are times when I long for the "easier life", but I wouldn't trade anything for the experiences we've had and knowing I'm doing what God wants. Sometimes people don't always understand the decisions we make for God, but I'm seeking my Heavenly Fathers leadership and not this worlds. If I have His leadership and approval, then that's what I want. I've never wanted anyone to feel sorry for me for taking my family to the Mission Field only that people would find the same peace and desire to follow God completely and without holding anything back. Doing God's will is not always exciting, there's lots of valleys along the way but there's no greater peace than doing what you know God wants! Slava Boga!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.
Aunt Linda

Vonnie said...

Great picture and very interesting stories. Thanks!

Phillip D said...

We so agree with you. We feel so privileged that God has allowed us to be in Christian service too. Daryl, this post was such a blessing to me. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I am so grateful that God has led you all down this road, thanks for following Him. God is using you all to bless us that are watching you all. Much love to you all from your family here in Colombia, Phillip