Thursday, June 07, 2007


We were able to make another trip up to the Uzhgorod, Ukraine area this last weekend to minister and be a light for Christ! What a joy it was as God helped me to preach and as we ministered with several different songs.


The girls played a few songs on the violins, I played a song on the trumpet and we sang a couple of songs both in Russian and English. We thank God for the trip and His leadership was evident.

It was a wonderful surprise also to see Bro. & Sis. Rick Hutchison, who were in Uzhgorod to visit Wesley Bible College on business and to meet some fellow Tennesseans who also came along with the Hutchisons. It was a great encouragement to hear Bro. Hutchison preach, in English, thank the Lord. It was food for our soul!!!! Thanks a lot!!!

God also worked a "little miracle" out on the way home. I put that in quotes for I'm not one of these folks who calls everything miracles. I believe most of what happens is God's providential working through people and events. Sorry for the theological discourse, but not sorry enough! :) The Ukrainian border can be very time consuming and a hassle. I won't go into the long nonsense of it. The crossing from Ukraine into Hungary is the main crossing between those 2 countries and coming back it can easily take 2 hours, just to cross. We were planning on leaving early Monday morning to come back to Romania, however, Sunday we were invited by the Pastor to have breakfast with them. So, we took them up on the offer and didn't leave their house until late morning. We had to stop by to fuel up, for fuel in the Ukraine is much cheaper, only around $3.00 a Gallon rather than over $5.00 a gallon in Romania. Food is also cheaper so we bought a few supplies before leaving, Uzhgorod! I had been much in prayer for I knew we had a long trip ahead of us do to the fact that we also needed to pick up supplies in Hungary for a work team that was coming and I needed to check on prices for construction materials. So we were only about 5 hours later than what our original plans had been. When we approached the border, I couldn't help but say, "Praise the Lord", to myself. As we drove further, I kept saying it for I didnt' see any cars. Then, finally, I saw a few cars, but only maybe 2. There were 2 other spots that normally you had to wait a long time and, no cars at the first spot, and then across the long bridge with no cars on the bridge as well. It wasn't until we got to the Hungarian side did we have to wait behind about 4 cars before finishing the crossing process. When the Hungarian border control came up to my window and asked me all kinds of questions, one of which was, "how long did you have to wait" at the Ukrainian border? I said, just a couple of minutes and he replied. You are lucky! LUCK!

No my friend, that's God providientially working in our lives, for He knew that we needed to go to that invitation for breakfast to be a blessing and to be blessed!

No comments: