Sunday, May 08, 2011

Four "Reason's I Can Celebrate Mother's Day! (And the great husband who makes it all possible!) ( This is a behind the scenes of the post below!)Thanks, Sweets for the many projects that you do around our "Haus" to make us all happy! Daryl lovingly calls me his 95% Proverbs 31 woman! (I'm not too good at the whole "Real Estate" thing!:)

Natasha got everyone busy helping do what they could do in preparation for our Mother's Day meal... and she is here helping chop the Tomatoes that would go on top the chicken. She is telling me here... "Oh NO, this is going on the blog... my whole life is being blogged right now!" :) But this was another glimpse of our Natasha coming back to us.

Brittany's adding good sticky sweet stuff to our Strawberries!

Darla washed the dishes up for me. One of the good things that has come about because of her big sister having to have surgery. Darla and Bryan have stepped up to the plate... (or rather set up on the stool so they can reach our sink) and have mastered the "doing dishes" thing pretty well. I needed a dessert for our Saturday meal, Natasha isn't quite up to baking for me yet, Brittany was faithfully running errands with her Daddy (and that included Goodwill, much to her delight!!) so I asked Darla if she would like to "help me" bake a cake! She was delighted, of course. Here is a pic of her 1st cake!! It was a big HIT with her family too! Good Job, Darla! Here she is doing the dishes... for I reminded her that is a BIG part of the joy of baking, is a cleaned up kitchen afterward! Good "reverse" psychology! :)

Bryan is cutting up the green onions that will also top the chicken on Sunday's meal. He often asks me if I have a "Man's Job" for him to do! :)


5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

I love this photo collage; it is beautiful; I was glad that we could blow it up and see more detail. It's good to see you girls helping your parents. Darla, great job on your cake. Wish we could have helped you all eat it. Bryan it's good to see a young man who is a big enough man to help his mom when she needs it. Miss and love you all lots, Phillip and family

The Dickinsons said...

Way to go, Darla, your cake looks nice and yummy! =) And your Mommy is right, a big part of doing fun baking is washing up the dishes. (I know, I was washing up dishes last night at 2:00 AM...from the treats I made for our people at our church=).
That's great that you and Bryan are being big helpers!! I am depending more on my Noah and Elijah since the girls are so busy with schoolwork. (Noah has schoolwork too, but he gets done faster. =)
We love and miss y'all!
~Aunt Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

OOPS! I was thinking that the beautiful and NEAT collage of pictures was on a different post. I love it!! And am so glad that you have it done now. =)
~A. Heather~

Unknown said...

So glad to hear Natasha can be out of her brace for a few hours each day!! God is so good to us!!

Unknown said...

That was Vonnie that just posted on Heidi's account. (I didn't know it was signed in!! :))