Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My final project for graduation was a "provisional pass." The committee "admired my argument but wanted me to edit the paper because I had a few recurring grammatical errors. This final project is above and beyond our normal coursework. If you don't get the green light on the Independent paper and final portfolio - You don't graduate. Yes, a little bit of stress. So, I met with one of the readers to discuss the errors which was very helpful. So, now I must re-submit the final paper and wait to hear about the results of it and the final portfolio. The professor that I met with told me she really likes my argument and that it was solid. Thank the Lord - I worked hard to try to make the argument solid. The topic was "Effective Teacher Talk in the Second Language Writing Conference." Basically, I focused on the use of scaffolding and negotiation (and its benefits) as we try to assist our students in their writing. I should know by next week if it's passes.

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

It sounds nerve wracking. Congratulations on a provisional pass! I appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice that has been put into this. You and your family have all invested in this. May God bless all this for His glory and Kingdom. Love to all,
Phillip

Rob and Deanna said...

Um.... Great topic....??? I guess. :-)

The Dickinsons said...

So glad you got blogger to work. Oh, Daryl,...WE'LL BE PRAYING HARD that your paper passes!! God is able! Looking forward to hearing the GOOD news...and answer to prayer! =)
~Heather and family~