Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fun Things We've Done!


 When  I saw this quote on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make it. Last week gave me the perfect opportunity, for one of my friends, also an avid shoe lover, invited us to her birthday party. Mommy found this shoe while she was in IN at a fun shop called "Martha & Me." I thought it was the perfect compliment to the arrangement!




This is the version that I made for the wall arrangement in our room! I did different fonts and I think I like it better. After I had put the different sized stickers on the white canvas, Daddy helped  me spray paint it. Then we CAREFULLY took off the stickers. I was so happy with how it turned out, and most likely, will try it again!
The antique grater was Mommy's Valentines Day gift from Daddy! It looked so beautiful when the lights were out in the kitchen, and there was just the glimmer of the tea light peaking out!


 The heart-shaped cinnamon rolls that Aunt Heather told us about were very fun to make (and eat)! For instructions how to make them go to Aunt Heather's blog!
Mommy added strawberry-cream cheese glaze to the tops of them. Why strawberry? Cause she had some that needed to be used up! =) Hope you have a great day!
bh

6 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany,
What a fun gift you made for your friend's birthday. And we LOVE your version for your room too! Very Cute! You know I share your L.O.V.E. for shoes too! So, I might have to steal your idea...that is when I get to get back to ALL. MY. SHOES.! =)

Love your Mommy's antique grater and tea lite. Adorable! (And I love the scales too! =)

Y'all's cinnamon rolls turned out cute and yummy! Like your Mommy said to me...I have NO IDEA why we have never thought of doing that before...with as many cinnamon rolls as Gram, your Mommy, and I have made in our lives! =) I was so HAPPY to find out that cute trick to fun heart-shaped yummy oooey gooey 'morning goodness! =)

Love y'all TONS!!
~A. Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, the signs are so cute. I am sure your/our friend liked it. ;) The cinna. rolls look yummy. And A. Laura's grater looks fun. love, kimberly

mmsbryan said...

Loved your post, Brittany. Your shoe theme was the neatest idea for your friend and your room. Now we will have to look for you a shoe to complete your arrangement. But you can be sure if this Gram finds just one shoe she will ask for it to be at half-price! :-) Loved your rolls, next time suggest that you all just eat the strawberries and put white frosting on the cinnamon. :-) Oh guess I had better be careful for this blogger has to approve comments. I dooooo love all you on Bodman. Gram

PS Oh I just remembered that I have the perfect "pair" of shoes for your display." Will get them to you or better yet come to our house and get them.

The Dickinsons said...

The signs are cute. I am sure your friend enjoyed it. A. Laura's grater is fun. The cinni. rolls look yummy. kimberly

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany,

Very well done project; and I like the color. Good idea -- painting over stickers and then peeling them off; it's the reverse of stenciling. Beautiful antique grater (and scales too). And seeing the cinnamon rolls makes me hungry. We enjoyed your post.

Love and miss you all,
U. Phillip

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany,
What a cute birthday gift!
I love yours and Natasha's too!
Your mommy's grater is cute.

Love and miss y'all,
Sarah