Friday, February 24, 2012

Pray for a Safe Journey Home!

My Dearest Grandma, whom we affectionately call, "Our Tall Grandma!"is very close to the crossing!  She has been called this for years now, in our Haus, for one of our children, when they were only 3 found out she was going to be turning I believe it was 92 or 93 back then.  Their eyes got rather large and they said, "Wow, she must be REALLY tall!" (thinking of course, that you GROW EVERY year when your birthday comes around, for they sure were!! =) Please keep Dear Grandma in your prayers that she won't have to suffer. And for strength for our dear Momma as she faithfully stands by her side, doing her best to give her quality care while she's still with them.  She is still living in their home.  Daddy's Momma has been a testimony to all of us for years!  God has been faithful to her and she to Him for years.  Her life is a beautiful example of GIVING, for the sake of God's Kingdom! I recently heard someone say there are "Financial Martyrs" and when I heard that statement, I thought of you, Grandma!

We all love her dearly and are very blessed that Jesus gave her to us for so long!  She's been a prayer warrior her whole life.  I remember as a little girl going to spend the night with her.  (or when she lived with us, getting to sleep in her bed with her that night.) Hearing a whispering going on... and what a comfort it brought to my heart to hear her praying for so many.  She has prayed for missionaries and their kids by name around the world and sacrificed as NO ONE KNEW her own "real needs" mending and re-mending her own clothes, so that they would last a little longer, so she could give and so that the cause of Christ could be advanced!
 What a heritage she's given to all of us.  My sad heart wonders "Who will take her place?"  Who will carry the Prayer Torch that she's carried so faithfully for these now 104.5 years?  Who is she praying for that I don't even know to lift their names up to our Heavenly Father? Oh God, help ME and many others to step up to the plate, so to speak, to accept the challenge, for there are still so many who aren't "IN"  the ark of safety yet!
 I LOVE YOU GRANDMA with all my heart, have always felt a special closeness to you, for you are the one, my parents also told me that I take after!  "Jesus be with you," is my hourly prayer!  I'm going to miss you terribly, but I'll see you again, when we all make that heavenly shore.  I know you'll be so glad to see your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ first of all, and maybe as a side note,  to see Grandpa too, who has been in Heaven for now 36 years, in earthly time!  What will Heaven be like?  Oh it makes me want to live right.  To shed any needless weights so I can run this race to the finish with NOTHING hindering my journey, how about you?!  As I've heard my Daddy say: "Heaven will be worth it AT ANY COST"!!!!
When I got to take that surprise trip up to see her a couple weeks ago, these were my parting words, "Goodbye for now Grandma!  I will see you again, in the morning  over Yonder!!!!"  I love you Grandma!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Beautiful words! Thank you. Grandma sure does show us a beautiful reflection of Jesus, as do her son and daughter-in-law with whom she is living. Thank you for sharing about Grandma's prayer life. I want to be one of the ones to help take her place until we all get to re-unite around God's throne someday. Won't that be a delight! May God keep us ready; this time of waiting will pass oh so quickly.
Much love from our family to yours, Phillip

lauralavon said...

What a beautiful legacy. You all will be in our prayers.

The Dickinsons said...

So SWEET! What a precious Lady Grandma is. How caring, thoughtful, and selfless! Always giving until it hurt. Spending untold HOURS praying prayers for you...for me...and like you said, for missionaries around the world...and for those ones we might not even know to keep praying for after she makes her crossing! May God raise up prayer warriors to help take her place, and may I be one of them!
I'm PRAYING that Grandma has a WONDERFUL home going to Heaven. I'm asking Jesus to help her hear the angels sing, or see the lights of Heaven, or something special, and I'm asking that Daddy and Moma be present to hear her talk about it. It's times like these that my heart HURTS to be home...but I'm trying to share Jesus with others...so that they too might make Heaven their home some day!
Love you, Laura, and Thank you for this sweet post for Grandma (And us!)
~Heather~

Making Memories 1999 said...

I trust that her homegoing is an easy crossing. What a precious heritage you have, Laura! I, too, have asked the question of "Who will take their place?" as my grandmother was a prayer warrior for our family. I'm thankful that we still have Grandpa, who prays faithfully for us. What a blessed treasure! I will be praying for your family.

Daryl Hausman said...

From Sally Sebo, our dear missionary friend:

Just read your post about your grandma. I wanted to let you know that we are praying for you here. May God help your grandma, your mom your dad and all the family as they face this difficult time. It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one, but because of Jesus you can say, See you again. What a legacy. And I also wonder, who will take up the torch. Your grandma is a special lady and I know that she prayed for us here in Romania regularly. I feel blessed to have met her and to spend some time with her (even if it was just a short time) God bless you and keep you in His care during her last days here on earth.

Love you,

Sally

BTW: Happy late Birthday! Sorry that I missed it. La Multi Ani!

The kids send their love.

Sally