Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ok, so this is one job I can handle. Whenever Natasha is in a lot of pain and tell her to breathe through it I have to breathe through it as well - because of seeing my daughter deal with pain. So this contraption is a breathing apparatus that helps build your lungs. She is supposed to breathe through this 10 times every hour, which keeps her lungs from collapsing which will cause an infection to set in. I first encountered one of these with one of my trumpet teachers who was trying to help build by "air power" for playing the trumpet. I bought a version of one to help that process. Therefore, every time Natasha rolls over (ever 1/2 hr.) I have her do 5 reps of these. She must close her mouth around the mouthpiece and breathe in as hard as possible, which raises the little blue floating device. Sounds easy enough - try it when you are healthy, much less just after you "ran a marathon" which is how she described what she went through the first day.

4 comments:

lauralavon said...

You ALL are in our thoughts and prayers continually. May you sense Him near; may His strength fill you; may He continue to aid in Natasha's healing and recovery. With our love, The Fergusons

Jane said...

Glad to hear she doing well. Keep up the breathing work! Love you all!

The Dickinsons said...

Wow! That looks hard to use. I cannot imagine poor Natasha having to use that. We are praying for her!

CrazieChrisa said...

Please tell Natasha that we are praying for her as well! I have ask several of my friends to pray for her as well! I remember having to blow in that tube after my c-section and it was hard enough then...I can't imagine doing it after all she has gone through!!! We love y'all!!!