Saturday, March 24, 2012

Air Force Museum

 A Field Trip with the Principal of this School Haus actually getting to be with us!!!!  We all loved it!


                             This must have been something that caught our little Bryan's eye! =)



                         I know this shark painted on this plane definitely caught lots of our eyes! =)

Daryl invited some of his former students to join us for a couple hours if they wanted to, and they did.  It was fun getting to be with them again!

                                              

She asked for this pic... I was a little shocked that Bryan complied.  Someone's training may be working after all??!!!

                       I think Natasha was the photographer for this pic... that's why she's not in it!


 The sun peeked out and warmed up the day a bit so we enjoyed our picnic lunch at our van before going back to finish the last part.  Bryan is always hungry and so no one could enjoy the museum any longer until he had some food in his stomach!!! =)
 I love the "gotta do it too" spirit of our Darla!!!!  She won't miss out on much in life, that is, if she can help it! =)  So full of life, she is!



  This plane caught my eye... TWIN MUSTANGS... two planes looked like the were "glued" together!  Whoever thought of that?!  Not sure!!!



                     Since Bryan is often accused of being our 'Dennis the Menace" we thot this pic "fit" him!
 
        


The rest of these pics aren't from our field trip... but thot I'd share with ya'll anyway.  (Since I'm not sure who all's peeking=)

 We were given an old "wardrobe" (closet) by my Grandmother recently and for now it's in our entryway til we can do something with our construction site where it will end up eventually.... so the other day while shopping at Goodwill, we saw the candle sconces above and Brittany told me that I "needed" them. So I believed her and got them.  A trip to the dollar tree got me the candles and then she went to work.  She has officially earned the title of " Interior Decorator" in our Haus!
 I was busy making apple pies last Saturday night and she was busy doing something....
 This is what she was  doing and called me in to see the finished product!  We are definitely gonna KEEP HER on Staff for quite some time!  I thot she "done good" and what's even better... I got my pies done and in the oven and our "Haus" got a MUCH NEEDED fun touch added to it too... neither one of us were sad, for I was doing what I can do best and she was doing what she likes to do best... a win - win situation!!! =)


 These pics are for Sarah, especially.  This is what we came up with from your idea on Pinterest.  We tweeked it a bit tho.... I didn't have RED GRAPES... and the GOLD FISH it called for wouldn't "fit" into my weekly budget! =)  They called for squiggley eyes... but sharpies work for everything in this Haus... Nor did we have "pipe-cleaners" to make the antennae... but a silver twisty-tie worked great!!!

 We got all the kids help... Natasha did the "planning" for us, how many would fit etc.... Brittany did some of the filling and Darla did some too... and Bryan who has a very steady hand... drew on the smiley faces! (for some reason most of my remaining clothes pins have smiles on them now!)

We were afraid to make them up ahead... so I called the kids earlier to help make them Sunday a.m. before we headed to church.  They were tired... we all were... and one of the kids got tongue tied talking about the antennae and accidentally called them "Antlers"... we all howled laughing and I said that that poor Butterfly said, "Oh no, Something happened in the metamorphosis stage!" and we laughed all the harder trying to visualize that poor butterfly trying to "get off the ground" with antlers instead of antennae!  Thought you might like that laugh too, Sarah!  We love you and thanks for letting us use your idea for our treats last Sunday to celebrate the 1st day of Spring... even if someone at church was sad that is was so healthy...!!!!  But that's another story!

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Heather let me "out of the kitchen" long enough to check your blog. Looks like you had an interesting day out as a family. Thanks so much for the nice post on Grandma's Memorium. It was nice for the Dickinsons to see after they listened to the CD, it helped their hearts. Having a wonderful time here in Colombia! We Love "Y'all", Moma
PS When Phillip introduced me to the congregation at Prayer Meeting I had him interpret the meaning of that Tennessee word into Spanish! I think that he is glad that it is Daddy who will be doing the teaching and NOT his Moma. =)

The Dickinsons said...

So glad y'all got to go to the Air force Museum. We really enjoyed getting to go there too! =) Glad some of Daryl's former students could join y'all!

Brittany did really good with the top of the wardrobe. Very cute! I'll pin it to my pinterest page.

Your butterfly treats are as cute as they can "bee"...oops wrong insect...I mean be! =)

Love and miss y'all and we are having FUN with Daddy and Moma!
~Heather~

The Dickinsons said...

Your "trip" looked like a lot of fun. We sure do miss you all! That was so nice that you could have some quality time with both your own students and the University students. Good job, Brittany, on the decorating! And the butterflies were fun too!
Love from all of us in Colombia,
Phillip

Rob and Deanna said...

Adorable decorating, Brittany! Ruarc and I enjoyed the cute healthy snack. ;-) Thanks for sharing!