Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Going for a Masters or Phd is a sacrifice not just for you, but for the entire family. You must decide if the sacrifice is worth it." These were the words of a man at a teachers convention discussing the positives and negatives of going on for more education. His statement is absolutely correct. My family has sacrificed so that I could pursue what I believed God was leading me to do. My children have had their father gone many hours and home - but not home - for many hours. Many times family night took a back seat because I was busy working on school projects - or I was there for family time, but mentally I was miles away. I am so blessed to have a family who has supported me in this endeavor. I have no doubt God has led me all the way, and when He opens the doors, we must walk. Thank you Laura, Natasha, Brittany, Darla, and Bryan for being so wonderful. Daddy's home again!
Here's a picture of about 1/4 of the graduates. Black gowns represent Phd and Masters graduates and Green gowns represent Bachelors degrees. There were about 1300 graduates that marched. I believe there were over 2000 that actually graduated but many choose not to march.

3 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

Daddy,
Congratulations on completing your masters degree!
WE are glad to have Daddy back!
Love you,
NmH~

The Dickinsons said...

I got choked up reading this. Daryl, I'm glad you love your family and recognize what this took from your family. And, L, N, B, D, & B, I'm so glad that you love your husband and daddy and that you all are such a beautiful and loving holiness family... and were willing to pick up the slack and give much extra for the love of Daryl giving all of his might to obey a call.
Love you all much,
Phillip and family in Colombia

Daryl Hausman said...

Sweets,
You are sweet and we are glad that God called you to do your master's. The journey has been long, BUT DEFINITELY worth it! Welcome Home!! I love you ever so much!!!
Your wife, Laura