Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Our Baby Boy, Jesus sent us, is now 8!A special Happy Birthday, to my "birthday twin" in Romania! I miss you, Marius! Love, Bryan
I loved this spontaneous smile... just couldn't help himself!
When I can, I usually allow the kids to pick their birthday menu. Their day usually starts with breakfast-in-bed... well the " in-bed" part was nixed... for Bryan came bounding down the stairs to see if the Soppy Chocolate (see older posts) was ready yet just a tiny bit after 7a.m.!!! And This was Bryan's supper menu. Indian Taco's! He doesn't think ANY taco is complete without homemade guacamole... and most of us were SO glad that Daddy splurged and brought home 3 very ripe avocado's just perfect for what the kids called "Guatemala"!! (guacamole!) :)
And this is how the "rest" of the family enjoys Indian Taco's!
Bryan wanted to go to a park EVEN BEFORE OPENING HIS CARDS FROM FAMILY!!!! This is the kids absolute favorite park in the city. However, I usually have to "pray"(but that's a good thing) for the park is made UNDERNEATH the Interstate 471 crossing the Ohio River! You can hear huge semis crossing etc while the kids are playing!!!! (and since I'm claustrophobic... LOTS... that's the reason I must pray!) It is VERY cool though, and there's almost always a nice breeze!

Uh... this cake ENDED my "GR-8t" plans for a figure 8 race track cake!!!
Thankfully the Lord allowed this round to turn out... so this is what "we" came up with! You can guess "who" helped with the decorating!

Happy Birthday, Bryan we are sure glad that Jesus allowed us to have a boy too! Our prayer is that you will ALWAYS allow Jesus to be the Pilot of your life! Never try take over the controls yourself! Love you little boy... and thanks for not being TOO OLD to still climb on Moma's lap once in a while to hear a story! Love you lots!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Bryan, Thank you for letting us know that your birthday post was up...for we wouldn't have wanted to miss it. U. Phillip and I really enjoyed looking at your fun pics and drooling over your Indian Tacos and yummy cake! =) We hope that your birthday was very special!! We love you tons and are soooo GLAD that Jesus sent you along!! Noah will see this is just a little while and comment too! =)
Love,
~A. Heather~

sherryldickinson said...

These last few posts have been beautiful! I just read through them, and enjoyed them very much. I can imagine that the burden of the world is kind of lifting off your family's shoulders. Or, at least I hope it is!
How neat you did get your boy to be a brother to his sisters. I LOVE boys, and it's a good thing since I have 3 brothers, two sons, a husband, many nephews, and 4 grandsons!
Thank you for the recent cards you sent us by Snail mail. My very favorite mail on earth is Snail mail! Love, Mom D

The Dickinsons said...

Bryan,

Happy Birthday! I wish I could be there. I remember those cars. I like the cake. I wish I could have gone to the park with you.

Love and miss you,
Noah

The Dickinsons said...

Dear Bryan,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It looks like you really did have a happy birthday. I like the first picture taken of you in your neat shirt with a deer on it. It was also a fun picture of you with your figure 8 race track chocolate cake. It made me happy to see you and Darla together, because you are both special to us. Bryan, it is good to see you growing bigger, because I see you growing older and wanting to be good. Always serve Jesus with all of your heart and always be perfectly honest and obedient. You being like this will make others, Jesus, and me very happy. You have our daily prayers.
Love and miss you and your family,
U. Phillip

Making Memories 1999 said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Mr. Bryan! I know another little guy who would love to see you and play. =) Blessings on you and your dear family!