Saturday, April 23, 2011

He is Risen! He is Risen indeed! This saying has become so special to us since arriving in Russia as missionaries. I don't know where I was in previous years in the U.S., but I don't ever recall the church folk saying this. If so, it was done so few times that it never sunk in. However, on Easter morning in Russia, every child of God that you locked eyes with - it was mandatory that you either instigate or reciprocate the saying (mandatory is a little strong, but you get the point). Additionally, on Easter morning, the place of worship was ALIVE! I could sense the electricity in the air, and it wasn't some built up emotion due to loud music and a heavy beat. God's children brought that electricity with them. He was alive in them; therefore, the place was alive. We serve a risen Savior! He's alive! Praise be to God.
In addition to what Daryl has written above, what stood out to me, was even the non-believers on the street greeted us with "Eesus Vas Cris!" And we answered to the best of our ability, "Vaestanus, Vas Cris!" He is Risen, He is Risen, Indeed! (First, I must apologize to our Russian Friends for the spelling errors that are very evident above! :) And then I must apologize to our dear Romanian Friends, for we can't remember how it was said in Romanian, though I remember hearing it as well there!) Now in Cincinnati, OH... As our neighbors partied late into the night last night and I was awakened by their obscene yelling and laughter, my heart was SO saddened if it had not been wee hours of the a.m. I could have cried and tears are now very present! Who Am I that I should know about Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him? What privileges I have, and ALL BECAUSE OF CALVARY. Truly, "Because He Lives,... I Can Face Tomorrow!" Praise Him, this Resurrection Morning! How I Love Jesus and thank Him for my redemption!

2 comments:

rouda48 said...

Praise the Lord! He is risen indeed. I was too wondering why we did not say much about His being risen in our services, but I do thank you for sharing with us the tradition in Russia and Romania. I like it, and us it. Thank you again for this wonderful heritage to pass on to our children and grand ones.

The Dickinsons said...

Very good! Thanks for taking the time to share. It makes me so sad for people who do not have Christ. We are very blessed!
Phillip