Sunday, April 03, 2011

Last night was rough on all of us because she did not rest well. She was suffering from lots of confusion and "pain." I, Daryl, had the first shift from 10:30-3:15 and Laura had the 3:15 to morning shift. So I, was by her beside the entire time; however, she was not too happy with me because I wouldn't take the brace off and was convinced I had laid a bunch of commentary books on her chest and wouldn't take them off. She finally started resting about 5ish this morning and has been resting since then. All I.V.'s are out, thank the Lord. The last one kept beeping everytime she would bend her arm (where the IV was located). She's able to do most of the work in standing up. Last night as Natasha and I stood there facing each other, I leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead and said, "I love you Natasha!" She leaned forward and kissed my cheek and said, "I love you too, Daddy!" A special moment I cherish. Thank you for your constant prayers, last night as I was sitting next to her holding her hand, I sensed the Lord's presence in a special way. The pediatric Dr. checked her out today, everything is sounding good. He encouraged us to let her eat more to move things through (TMI). :) She must drink lots of fluids because of not having the I.V. They are monitoring the pain meds as best as possible, just trying to make sure they treat the right type of pain. She will not be pain free, and the brace will cause pain, so they want to try to alleviate the pain they can and now move her to working through the "discomforts" (major understatement). The pediatric Dr. has a real dry sense of humor and got Natasha's first genuine smile since the surgery. He was wonderful! We are trusting that today she makes another big step. We need to get her to drink plenty, eat more solids, get her up more, and engaging in activities (i.e. reading or being read to, sitting in the chair more, etc.) The purpose is to try to bring as much normalcy to the situation as possible. Thank you again for your prayers. Tomorrow is a big day for Natasha so we pray she keeps making much progress. Eighteen years ago, Laura was the one in pain and in the hospital, but the baby God gave us has been a real delight. Tomorrow at 10:56 a.m. Natasha turns 18 years of age.

5 comments:

Beth said...

This made me cry! We will definitely keep praying for you all throughout the day. I know it'll be a hard birthday for her, but will pray for the Lord to help her in that too.

-Beth A., 17, Colorado

The Dickinsons said...

Oh, Natasha thinking that you had commentaries setting on her chest made me so SAD! I cannot imagine how HARD it is for y'all to be there and watch her suffer so much! PRAYING that God will give you the GRACE, STRENGTH, HELP, and be ALL that you NEED Him to be!!!

Sorry for the restless night...praying that y'all can get some power naps today! God is able!

Hoping and PRAYING that Natasha has a good 18th birthday tomorrow!!
~Heather~

Naomi said...

We are praying for and thinking of you all often. Hope things continue to improve quickly. I hope to get the Sunshine Basket to you sometime tomorrow. Love,Naomi

Jane said...

Laura I am not old enough to have an 18 yr old so you can't be either! That's so hard to believe she is 18! When did that happen. I hope she is having a better day. Water and fiber important with pain meds so she doesn't have other issues on top of everything else. Any idea when you all get to go home?

Daryl Hausman said...

This Comment is from Natasha's violin teacher! A dear friend as well!

Happy Birthday to Natasha! "Happy" is surely a relative term right now,
and perhaps she can't even imagine celebrating in a few weeks, but I pray she will enjoy
peace and inner joy on her special day. Give her a big (gentle) hug from me!

I have been hanging on every word of your blog posts, reading and rereading. Thank you
for taking the time to write them and bring us right in there with you. Our church
prayed for you all yesterday, and many others are looking on and praying from afar. It
is so encouraging to hear of the answers to prayer, the strength He is giving to endure
one moment at a time, and especially how He is giving grace that enables you to rejoice
and give glory to Him!

Thinking of each one of you there and the kids at home...love to all,

Sandy