Friday, April 01, 2011

Physical therapy went as only it can go - slow, painful, and way too long. Natasha is not happy with Dan the Physical Therapist or the brace, or anyone requiring her to be in this crazy contraption. This is exactly what Dr. Crawford said would happen. Therapy went well though - trying to look at it objectively that is. She got up, out of bed, sat in the chair for about an hour and then back to bed. She did rest better in bed with the brace and has laid on her back for most of that time, which she didn't do previously. She emphatically told me, "If Dan doesn't get back here soon, (to put me back in bed) he's going to be headless." Now mind you, she doesn't know everything she's saying, but I have a hard time not smiling at her comments. From my vantage point, the therapist and brace folks did a very professional job today: respectful, professional, and doing a tough job well. They will be back again in a little while to try to get her up and shuffling around. P.S. Even in this digital tech world where folks post pics of everything (which I think is unwise and sometimes stupid), we are trying to be respectful to our daughter and her privacy. When she is better and will grant us permission to share a few more pics, then we will.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you all this morning in my prayer time! I can only imagine how hard this is! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers! And - not posting pictures of every single step will be something she thanks you for later! :))))

Jane said...

I am sure Natasha will appreciate her photos not being all over the world! Sounds like she is doing great with all things considered. I am glad she is getting her sense of humor back. I wish I could be there to help you all. We are still praying for her all the time. Actually everytime I think of her, I say a prayer. If she gets where she gets where she is ready to read some maybe we could send her a book she wants. We love you all!
Jane

lauralavon said...

Feel so much for you all...this has to be difficult. :(
I'm sure you probably feel, "If only I could do it for my child!" It's harder to see them hurt than to hurt ourselves, isn't it?!
Prayers are continuing to go up for each of you.
Love,
Curt, Laura and girls

Rob and Deanna said...

:-) Like the "drugged Natasha comment." LOL

Anonymous said...

You are a good mommy! Love you.