Thursday, April 21, 2011


It's Spring!
We've been having SO much rain that I've not needed to use this to water my flowers (especially those that aren't even planted yet :) ... But I did find another use for it that was a huge blessing! I never do things "alone", so since I firmly believe I am who I am, do what I do, live how I live because of Him... JESUS! That's Who I give credit for everything I accomplish or strive to do in life. (Now, I don't go so far as to "blame" Him for all that I DON'T GET accomplished and wished I had! :) But that's for another post some other time! :)

Back to our Flower Watering Can... As you all know, Natasha has VERY LONG, VERY THICK, hair and with the Doctor's instructions... "it was safe for her to shower, but NO WATER DIRECTLY HITTING HER SPINE from the shower nozzle" had me puzzled. I've been at a HUGE loss as to how to wash her hair. [Now she would want me to MAKE SURE YOU KNEW that I have washed it with the waterless shampoo someone graciously gave us in her Sunshine Basket.] I had thought about taking her to a beauty salon just to have her hair washed, but since her hair is nearly to her knees, I was SO afraid to take her for fear of what on earth they'd want to charge! So while chatting with my dear lil' neighbor lady the other afternoon, the Lord brought this watering can to my mind and by putting a towel over her incision we were able to wash her hair!
Tulips are some of Natasha's favorite flowers and since they were on sale, she needed another boost and I could double my money by drying the bulbs and replanting them... we got her these last weekend to encourage her heart!

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Beautiful Tulips! So glad that the Lord helped you think of the watering can idea. Great idea! =)

Love and miss y'all!

The Dickinsons said...

Great way to wash her hair. Also neat idea to reuse the bulbs.

Phillip

Daryl Hausman said...

This comment from my Moma, who can't figure out what's up with her Google account: So I copied part of her comment for you all to enjoy!
The picture of the watering can and tulips and your dinning room in the back ground was lovely. I had to rush away and had to go back later and finish reading what you used the watering can for. I know that Natasha felt better with clean hair. Trust tonight went well. Love, Moma