Saturday, November 17, 2007

15 Trust in God! I'm so thankful that I serve a God who I can completely trust! Some fathers have played bad tricks on their kids and when the kid was going to jump off of some "high" place, they acted like they wouldn't catch them. Bad idea when you are dealing with a little child who needs to trust his father, especially when many years later for some reason they struggle with trusting their dad. Fathers are a "visible example" of what our heavenly father is like and when we mess that up, it gives our children a wrong view of our Heavenly father. Thank God I have had a very good father here on earth.

I am so thankful that God never leads us astray or misleads us. He doesn't play tricks on His kids and He is 100% trustworthy. God has spoken to me quite a bit over the last 5 years as we've had to make some tough decisions in our life. (tough only because of wanting to make sure we knew what His will was) Many of these things look like they don't make sense in the human. But God says, lovingly and softly, "Son, can you trust me." You see, I tend to be more analytical by nature and one of those strange people who loves math. My wife said, "you can be happy just playing with a calculator." She's partly right! So many things don't seem to make sense in the human but God's ways are much higher than our ways and things don't always make sense in the human. That's the whole idea of faith! We revere Abraham, but if he were living in the United States in 2007/soon to be 2008, many Christians would look at him strangely and think he was weird. You see in our culture, you are supposed to know what you are going to do for the rest of your life, have it all planned out, and that is how we think a good young Christian man should be. Oh, you also have to be very excited about what you are going to do, or something is wrong with you. (tell that to Jesus as He is going to calvary) Here's what many would say to Abraham: Have you talked to a bunch of counselors about what you are going to do? You don't know what you are going to do! You don't even know where you are going! He's a nice man but sure glad he's not married to my daughter. That is what many Christians would think or say!

Faith is trusting God, when things don't seem to make sense or add up. (DDH's interpretation) I'm glad that I can trust God! Some decisions are hard, simply because of wanting to make sure that the decision is God's will, but when we know what God wants, faith says, "I'm going to do it, even when it doesn't seem to make sense." God has never failed me and even though I've not always understood why God said to do such and such, He's always been faithful and months and years later, I begin to realize, my Father knew exactly what was best. That's the God I serve. I can trust Jesus! Praise God!

1 comment:

The Going Blog said...

Very wise thoughts! You all have had a very public faith journey. When you feel discouraged look back at this post and counsel your heart again :)