Saturday, November 17, 2007




16 Clarence P. Hausman This was my Grandfather, known as "Pappy Hausman" The pictures on the left were taken during his time in service for our country. The one on the far left is taken in Europe during WW II. Pappy served as a front line medic and God miraculously spared his life as they were pinned down by enemy snipers, possibly fire fights and the dangers of war. An amazing story is how God providentially spared his life in the initial invasions as well. He became sick in boot camp and couldn't finish out with his platoon. Finally, he hooked up with one about 7 weeks later. The amazing thing is that had he not gotten sick, he would have been in the initial invasion of France, where most of that platoon was wiped out.

My father and I were able to visit 2 of the cities where Pappy had been during WW II.

On the far left is 4 generation of Hausmans. Yes, we are crazy and proud of it, but it's not our fault, we were born with it.

The handsome looking couple directly to the left is of Clarence and the love of his life, Esther, known as "Mammy". She was an illegitimate child, of which we still know nothing about her biological father. Pappy was a product of a broken home where his father wanted nothing to do with Pappy's mothers Christianity. God miraculously brought these 2 together and I have a wonderful heritage because of it. Pappy was a Holiness preacher who preached with the Bible Covenants and Holiness Christian Churches.

Clarence and his wife are now enjoying the wonderful rewards of their faithfulness to their Lord and Saviour. One of Pappy's requests was that I preach his funeral. He always was very organized. It was one of my earthly highlights for it was an honor to preach the funeral of my Grandfather who was faithful to his family, wife and most importanty of all, to his Lord. It was truly amazing how God helped me in that situation for it was one of those times where I was extremely aware of how God was helping as I was preaching, all glory and praise to God.

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." (Psalms 116:15)

Thank you God for the wonderful heritage you have given to me.

No comments: