Tuesday, November 06, 2007

26 Automatic Dishwasher, electric garage door opener, a garage, house with consistent and constant heat, water that can be used right out of the faucet without having to boil and filter it, a refrigerator that doesn't need to be thawed every couple of weeks, water that I don't have to fetch from the well, police men who are nice and not looking for "gifts" (don't ask me how I know about this), church services where we actually get fed spiritually because we can understand what's being said, not having to convert from kilometers to miles - in my head, not having to convert from the foreign currency into dollars to get an idea if something is expensive or cheap, hot showers, washer & dryer, CHEAP GASOLINE - yes that's right I said cheap gasoline for at $3 a gallon that's over $2 dollars a gallon cheaper than it was in Romania, consistent internet access where I don't get disconnected almost everytime I send an email, unlimited cell phone calling during certain hours, padded pews, normal - non-reckless driving, interstate highways where you can safely go 70 MPH plus, going to a park and not having to worry about where you step and sit quite as much, .....

There's so much to be thankful for and over the last 4 years these "simple" little things all of a sudden have become even more precious. Yes, we feel very spoiled! God has been way too good to us! He is good! All the time!

2 comments:

timotei said...

I think you can drive over 70 mph in Romanian pretty safe :)

How ya guys doin? Lookin forward to see ya Darryl!

Sometime next week we will have the rest of the pipes and the concrete done, then hopefully get the chimney and the stove installed and hopefully take care of that leak by adding an extra layer of foil and an extra row of tiles.

Phillip D said...

Wow, I am right there with you on these things. I have enjoyed reading these thankful posts Thank you for posting them.