Monday, November 12, 2007

22 Babooshka Nadya (Grandmother Nadya) I would tell Babooshka Nadya, "you are my favorite Russian Grandmother". She is between 55-60 and a dear saint. She is compassionate, caring and has eyes that just ooze out with compassion and love. I don't think she knows more than one or 2 words of English but she was a kindred spirit. This dear saint was not educated in a Bible seminary, not gifted in her speaking but is a woman of prayer and living out God's word. There probably wasn't a person in the entire church who was more influential in bringing people to Christ. She lived out God's word and talked about her Saviour to people. God has blessed her and used her for His glory! Her response to people when they questioned her was to point them to God's word! If people will read God's word, I believe with all of my heart that God will speak to them and change them. God's word is powerful!

I also loved to go to her house for dinner! She's a great cook!

God bless you Babooshka Nadya and we trust we'll get to see you again someday!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Babooshka! That reminds me so much of my Great Grandma. She would always where a scarf on her head and would call it a Babooshka.
Sis E